I won't bore you with the details of my holiday. I'll only mention that we had Christmas with my mom's boyfriend and his kids, and that New Years was fairly fun. There was alcohol, among other things, and most everyone had a good time. There was more magic by. . . Trevor, I believe his name was. Bending forks and the like.
The biggest reason I don't want to mention much of the break is that I don't really remember most of it. Wasn't that spectacular. Though the party in Chance's honor was incredibly amusing, and surprisingly cordial considering the people invited. Most of them have some kind of grudge to carry out, but everyone played nice and had a good time. Sometimes people don't suck as much as you think they do.
Anyway, today was. . . odd. It started off pretty excellently. In creative writing we played a sort of improv game, popcorn story-telling. There were red-bearded men that though Jim's lips were purdy, talking snakes revealing bloodlines, a transenstein, and a no-armed man named "Nubbs" or "Nubbins" or whatever variation thereof. We then discussed ways to make people more willing to do their work, seeing as the majority of the class refuses to participate. It was decided that a coffee machine will be provided, and donuts on occasion. A pleasing first class of the day.
The very next class, we dissected sheep brains. Ok. I don't think there's much more to say on that. Only that it contributed to the strangeness of the day.
Third period was a simple affair. We did our staff picture for yearbook, and then Geof and I put up posters for Lit Mag, watching the drug dog do its work as we did ours. When we finished that task, I joined the rest of the design team to reacquaint ourselves with inDesign, as well as learn how to create transparent images to insert into the magazine. It was fruitful for members of the staff who were less familiar with photoshop than others. After class ended, Geof and I went to the mall so that he could ask about Burning Crusade, the WoW expansion. Or he could order it. Or confirm his order. I don't really remember which task it was. When that was over, we grabbed lunch and went back to his house so that he could play WoW, and I could enjoy Oblivion on his Xbox360. Then I returned home to sit here and write about it.
It was a bit unusual. Up until the end of second period, I was very happy. But there was a moment that nearly ruined the day for me. I saw that ex-friend of mine. I had told her she could borrow a book from me, and since we never really hang out, I asked her what she was doing for lunch tomorrow. At that moment, her new bosom buddy answered "Yeah, she has lunch with me." Oh. Ok. Nevermind.
Oh well. But I was surprised by my own reaction. I left immediately, probably with some snarky comment made. I was upset, which is silly because we're not friends. I mean, we're decent toward each other, but she may as well be a stranger at this point. If thoughts wander to her, they aren't fond, they're neutral or completely indifferent. So what do I care? What reason do I have to care?
No comments:
Post a Comment