I remember throughout most of my life, I felt like I needed to win something. Every time I saw someone doing well, I thought "Pfft. I can do better." Whether that was true or not is irrelevant. The green eyed monster was my best friend, and I always needed to keep him fed.
But now I see others do well, receive praise, deserve credit, maybe even above what they get. And it makes me smile.
I didn't know what I wanted back then. What to do with my life. I still don't completely understand what lies ahead of me. But knowing now what direction I can feel myself being pulled in. . . It's like it drove off that monster in me, leaving room for a comfortable encouragement, not just for myself, but for everyone else. Seeing other people succeed is almost more enjoyable than seeing myself move forward.
It's a nice feeling, seeing others find their dreams.
1 comment:
Wow. You're way more zen than me. I still compete. I hate that stupid green-eyed monster. Come on. I want to be the best! But average is what I'm great at! (sigh)
Post a Comment