I'm considering switching the site system for Communitas from Joomla! to CutePHP (or back to CPHP, rather). Joomla! has a very long manual that I'm not really up to reading. As far as members go, it would be easy to set up everyone's accounts, and also, comments would be taken care of. The only thing about it is people would have to log in a different way than just regularly viewing the site. I guess since the only people who need to log in are the staffers, that's not much of an issue, but still.
Yesterday, we turned in our poems (I've done a lot of editing, so it's not quite the same as the version I posted earlier). Mine was read aloud and pretty well received, but I felt like a tool because I didn't really know what I should've said. Obviously, thank you would've been good, but getting praise makes me flustered, and I never really know how to respond. It's kind of socially crippling, because I come off as a bitch. And truthfully, even after all of my self-analyzing, I really don't know why I do that. I guess it's just a habit left over from less savory times. Kind of makes me wish Geof hadn't read it out. Kind of.
But in other news. . . well, there is no other news. It's Valentine's Day. That doesn't really mean anything though. I don't have a Valentine, but I guess that's good. For the first time in many years, that doesn't really bother me. I mean, it's not like I have to be with someone for today to be a good day. Not that it wouldn't be nice, mind you, just not necessary.
Although today has been exceedingly quiet and boring. It just makes me want to go to sleep, seeing as I've already been comatose since first period ended. I think my new V-Day motto is "Shrugs, not hugs." Except I did hug someone that I normally wouldn't even talk to, so I guess I lose.
I don't really have anything of use to say.
No comments:
Post a Comment